There is also other problems posers present:
1) People who are not trying to be a goth/skater/punk/emo etc. may run the risk of being verbally/physically assaulted by the said stereotype, because they believe that the person is a 'poser', and must therefore be eliminated.
2) It becomes difficult to tell the posers and the 'real thing' apart.
3) How do you define a poser? Someone who likes to wear black clothes and listen to more mainstream music than *and everyone shall die drowning in my river of tears slit blood autumn death hearbreak*? Is anyone who likes to skate but is not crazy about it a poser?
2) I saw two skaters today, and my friend told me one of them was a poser. I could not figure out which one it was, until the one on the left came up to me and said 'Yeah? You startin'? You ****ing chav, you ****ing poser'. I could soon make up my mind.
3) I decided to listen to a band that more than 5 people have heard of, and my goth older brother called me a poser and threw me down the stairs.
They wear excessive clothing from Hot Topic on one day and American Eagle, Ambercrombie, ect. on the next.
Punk: Your gay...
Poser: And so is Yellowcard and...
Poser: Why does everyone hate me! Wahhhhhhhhh!
Punk: PWNED SUCKA! Go cut yourself!
Poser: Too late!
lauren::"like omg...thats soo funny..HAHAHHA""
us:: "uhhh were we talking to you?? i dont think soo"
lauren:: ".....(silent)(makes weird face)(weirder than usual)...HAHAHAHAHAH..you guys are so funny!!"
dude:hahaha,you fucking faggot,those aren't chicks,they're men!!!!
dudes:oh shit what a fucking posery faggot poser that guy is
dude: yeah man,like i-urn-may-dun,d00d!