2) Afraid; cringing; cowardly; reluctant to get off one's ass and put up.
3) Unintelligible verbiage, scrawl, or scritch-scratch.
He was too chickenshit to go down to the cellar and deal with Leatherface.
I can't make heads or tails out of this chickenshit they added to the agreement. Tell them to clarify it so we know we're eye-to-eye.
Chicken-Shit or Chickenshit: Slang.
1. Adj.; Used to describe a type of action in which a person or otherwise inclined entity attempts to belittle, assault, injure, or harass another individual or group of individuals while hiding his true identity or location or by otherwise making himself/herself unavailable immediately after the initial action.
2. Noun.; Along the same lines following the scenario (1)described below, it would not be uncommon for people to refer to Steve as "Chickenshit".
In this scenario Steve's actions would be considered "Chicken-Shit".
2. Example: "Oh, there goes Chicken-shit. Probably going for another 40 oz. of Old English."
A) Archaic (WWII-era) army slang for someone whose brand of shit was too small-minded and lame to be called bullshit or horseshit. This was typically an obnoxious, petty tyrant of an officer, particularly the kind who liked to push people around with made-up rules and regulations. Best exemplified in popular culture by the character of Frank Burns on M.A.S.H.
B) A coward; basically calling them chicken, with a 4-letter word tacked on for emphasis.
(Please note that these two definitions CAN overlap.)
B) "That's a good answer, Wykowski. It's a chickenshit answer, but it's a good one." - Christopher Walken as Sgt. Merwin J. Toomey, "Biloxi Blues," 1988